Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nokia N95 and PC Suite USB Conection Problem

I friend of mine just got a Nokia N95 (really nice phone). He had installed in on a laptop and got everything working, but then when he tried to install in on a desktop it just wouldn't connect to PC Suite via USB.

The drivers all seemed to be recognized by windows XP, but PC Suite just sat there asking for him to connect the phone. He had uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, powered off, updated software etc and nothing was working.

After a little bit of searching I came across the a discussion on a European nokia board (which I can't seem to find now, sorry). In the middle of someones post they had said check that USB is selected in Connection Manager (I think that was what it was called). I did that, and noticed that of the options (Bluetooth, Infrared, Serial, USB) serial and usb were selected.

Wondering if serial was somehow overriding USB, I deselected it.... And it worked!!!!

So N95 USB Connection to PC Suite problem solved. Make sure ONLY USB is selected, at least to get it working. I didn't play around to see if it would work again with serial selected also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home